Teledyne GMI has introduced the Gas Laser, designed to detect natural gas remotely with the aim of enhancing safety and improving detection for fire services and first responders
Fire personnel and first responders are frequently called to natural gas emergencies using equipment that puts them close to potentially dangerous structures.
The Gas Laser, which uses highly advanced laser technology, supports remote detection, allowing the operator to work at a safer distance from the hazard location. When access to a property cannot be established, the Gas Laser can operate through glass, giving the user an audible and visual indication to the presence of methane. This quick scan permits fire personnel and first responders to make rapid decisions and establish control of the gas and ignition sources should a gas escape be detected.
• Quick scans for common venting points from a safe distance
• Detection distance of 30 m (100 ft)
• Eight hour run-time
• High visibility and sunshine-resistant guide laser equipped for location accuracy
• Graphical interface for easy user interpretation
• Colour camera with Bluetooth, WIFI, and datalogging onboard
• Certified Intrinsically Safe to Class I, Division 2, Group D, T4